Adeptus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adeptus

There is only war so why not enjoy it? Join the community that unites communities! Sign up now! What are you waiting for?... Stop reading this and sign up!

3 posters

back in the day part 1

Black-Napalm
    Black-Napalm
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 5

back in the day part 1 Empty back in the day part 1

Post  Black-Napalm Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

Way way back in the day I collected fantasy it was back when the starter set was Bretonnian and Lizardmen, I was like 9 years old at the time. I never got to play a game I came close I went into games workshop with 6 knights and 10 bow men and I asked if I could play a game the guy there said sure ware is your army so I opened my small shoe box that was in my hand and he said that's not enough and went about talking to other customers... I was so heart broke that I stopped painting after that. My small 16 man army is still in that shoe box in my closet.
    Vartan
    Vartan
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 7

back in the day part 1 Empty Re: back in the day part 1

Post  Vartan Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Back when I was first inroduced to warhammer, was when my older brother got the empire-orc starter set because of his good marks. he quickly assembled the models, and the following day I beat him in our first game while playing for the empire in a skirmish battle. Unfortunately, the victory counted for very little as we knew very little of the rules at the time.
    Black-Napalm
    Black-Napalm
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 5

Post  Black-Napalm Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:25 pm

There is only one thing that would get me back into Fantasy and that is if they made a Samurai army. That would be sweet I would model some with the Kamikaze bandanna on there heads and when I go into close combat I would yell BONZI!
    Vartan
    Vartan
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Post  Vartan Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Black-Napalm wrote:There is only one thing that would get me back into Fantasy and that is if they made a Samurai army. That would be sweet I would model some with the Kamikaze bandanna on there heads and when I go into close combat I would yell BONZI!

I agree, GW would make a significant amount of money if they designed an army to represent Cathay, which is virtually a direct copy of feudal Japan.
    MasterChief
    MasterChief
    Admin

Kills : 103

Post  MasterChief Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:53 pm

You mean China, right? Nippon is the Warhammer version of feudal Japan. Very Happy Very Happy
    Vartan
    Vartan
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Post  Vartan Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:47 pm

But they have ninjas, do they not?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content