Adeptus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adeptus

There is only war so why not enjoy it? Join the community that unites communities! Sign up now! What are you waiting for?... Stop reading this and sign up!

2 posters

Necron Tactics

magicguitar19
    magicguitar19
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 21

Necron Tactics Empty Necron Tactics

Post  magicguitar19 Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello fellow 40k players. Today is my first post in the contribution to Warhammer 40k tactica in the adeptus forums. I hope you enjoy reading these as well as dominating in your next battle thanks to these tips.

Today will be scarabs. That's right, scarabs. These tiny little things although may seem useless can pack a powerful punch if used correctly. Basically you can do 1 of 3 things as follows:

1:Deep Strike-Probably the best thing to use them for. If you want to surprise your enemy, deep strike scarabs. They are basically you little nats to just annoy your opponent, but once they pop out they are quite terrorizing.All you have to do is when you play a game with the ability to deep strike then hold off for about 2-3 rounds to see where your opponents main forces are heading. then when he least expects it, BOOM!!! deep strike those swarms right in front of him. Remember though to allow for a scatter when you do. Think about it. You have about 13 swarm bases.39 attacks right there.against his guys which may have close to 18 at the most or maybe even 24 or so.but not close to 39 in CC. He/she won;t know what to do.It is a risk since you may lose almost half your swarm or even more, but he'll lose a lot more than you think. So just wait a few rounds and see where his main forces are heading and then when it's your turn, deep strike.

2:Leading your army- Allow you swarms to lead your army.While they are easily able to be destroyed, they will be a sheet of aluminum foil in your opponents way. Yes i kn ow this sounds risky, but the price of winning and having fun comes at a cost sometimes. You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette. By putting them in front of your army they will get to the enemy faster and tie them up in close combat, leaving room for you warriors and many others to fire away at the remaining souls just itching to be obliterated.

And number last(3): Flanks.Ok not really flanking from the rulebook, but flanking while on the board.Take your swarms and spread them out on the sides. One swarm on the left and one on the right. By doing this you'll basically be doing the same as stated above, but your swarms will be spread out more and be able to outflank your opponent's troops from the sides where he's trying to hide. If your trying to see a man standing behind a building, you can't see him from the front, but if you move to the side a little you can see him. your opponent will want to of course start shooting at your swarms. Your response to this is, "Attack my little pretties!!!"Ok not really like that, but they will do very well against the enemy when trying to distract them from your warriors,destroyers,or whomever you have attacking from the front.

That's it for Warhammer 40k Tactica. Please guys let me know what you think of these ideas and post comments on anything you think I should do different in way of format or wording. It will help in my next post of Warhammer 40k Tactica in the weeks ahead. Thank you and good gaming.
    Vartan
    Vartan
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 7

Necron Tactics Empty Re: Necron Tactics

Post  Vartan Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:46 pm

I have read your tactica and it is very impressive. To be honest, I cannot judge them as I know very little about necrons but I can tell your tactics are clear and well written. MasterChief and myself thank you for contributing to Adeptus, and we are glad to have you with us. Regards,

-Vartan
    magicguitar19
    magicguitar19
    Enginseer
    Enginseer

Kills : 21

Post  magicguitar19 Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Thank you very much. I'm going to try to change it up a bit every Friday. A new army, a specific unit, and a specific tactic depending on what I think may be most helpful to all. If something happens and I don't have a good tactic that Friday I'll make up for it somehow some way so no one is ever bored.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:06 am